Monday, January 17, 2011

14 Days To Go

I haven't updated the blog in sometime.  The holidays were crazy as well as all of the prep work for Madison.

The first part of December a wonderful baby shower was thrown for us by our families.  We had approximately 70 people attend.  We are very grateful that we received almost everything we need for Madison's arrival.  I don't think I have ever opened so many gifts at a single time!  Everything will be put to good use.

We then had Christmas at our house.  We had my family over on Christmas Eve for dinner and our white elephant gift exchange.  This is always a hoot as there are always a few comical gifts exchanged.  We then had April's family over for a few days to celebrate Christmas with them.  Having our niece and nephew around for a couple of days was good practice for what we have to look forward to.

As far as prep-work, I have finished remodeling Madison's room.  I repainted, put up chair rail, and installed new baseboards.  I have also removed all of the carpet from our upstairs and put in the same wood laminate flooring that I installed on the first floor of our house.  I also repainted the other two rooms upstairs and finished the remodel of one of the upstairs bathrooms.  I have also been busy, with the help of family and friends, building a 4 stall barn for the horses.  I had hoped to have this complete by the time Madison arrives, but that unfortunately won't be happening.

Since we are now in the home stretch as it were, we are trying to prepare ourselves for this huge change and resign ourselves to the fact that our lives will be forever changed.  We are very excited and can't wait to meet our daughter (although I hope she waits another week so I can wrap some things up).  April's last day of work will be the 21st.  We hope that she has at least a week to relax and finish the final preparations.

My next blog will be after Madison's arrival.  I will have pictures and I pray a great story about her entry into our world.










No comments:

Post a Comment